5 BOOKS TO READ IN QUARANTINE
“There is no friend as loyal as a book” – Ernest Hemingway
If you find yourself with all the spare time during the quarantine or you simply are a bookworm like me I have compiled a list of some of my must reads for this year.
I hope you like and enjoy them just as much as I did.
1. Never Split The Difference by Chris Voss Life is a series of negotiations that you should be prepared for. In his mind-blowing book a former international hostage negotiator for the FBI Chris Voss shares nine effective principles, tactics and strategies you too can use to become more persuasive. Chatty and friendly and packed with helpful resources, this book has intriguing approach for both your professional and personal life.
2. Outwitting The Devil by Napoleon Hill Outwitting The Devil was originally written in 1938 and was once considered too controversial to be published. It was finally published in 2011 by Napoleon Hill Foundation. In this strangely rare book readers will find that Hill loads you with powerful and thought-provoking passages that stay with you long after you close the book. It’s a quick and an eye opening read that delivers and in-depth and detailed philosophy for personal success in all aspects of your life. It’s a MUST!
3. Principles – By Ray Dalio In this beautifully written book Ray Dalio, one of the world’s most successful investors and entrepreneurs, shares what he’s learned in his life. Over the past forty years he has developed, refined and used the unconventional principles that create unique results in both life and business that any person or organization can adopt to. A man who has been called both “the Steve Jobs of investing” and “the philosopher king of the financial universe” provides us with invaluable guidance and insights.
4. 12 Rules For Life – by Jordan Peterson “What does everyone in the modern world need to know? In this humorous, surprising, and informative book Dr. Peterson tells us why skateboarding boys and girls must be left alone, what terrible fate awaits those who criticize too easily, and why you should always pet a cat when you meet one on the street. 12 Rules for Life shatters the modern commonplaces of science, faith, and human nature while transforming and ennobling the mind and spirit of its listeners”.
5. The Millionaire Next Door – By Thomas Stanley and William Danko Who are the rich in this country? How do the get rich? What do they invest in? What do they do?When it comes to time and money there are no second chances.
So if you want to be wealthy, do what wealthy people do!